Friday, April 30, 2010

It's a Challenge Friday

Hi Everybody...It is Friday...beginning of a beautiful weekend. I hurried up to make this card for a couple of challenges that I like: Caardvarks is a monochromatic card. This fits the bill nicely, since it is a very orange background with deep burgundy embellies. Sisters in Christ and Our Daily Bread both were for a Mother's Day Card. My Mom is gone now but I thought this "With all my heart" would work perfectly for someone who is very special to me. I am trying really hard to get my pictures to show the true colors...I don't know if any of you have that problem...but the colors are really difficult to get right. That ribbon is not pink. It is dark burgundy...however, it is shiny and see through and it just would not come out right...

I love the background on this. It is done with alcohol inks on glossy cardstock. We did several of these in different colors in my card workshop so that everyone could try their hand at alcohol inks to see how they liked them. It was really a lot of fun. Messy (smile) but fun. It was interesting too, how different each person's looked. Directions are the same, but everyone has a different way of doing it and it was really surprising. This one turned out a beautiful orange with lots of darker reds (and a little green) too.

The scalloped off-white square was cut with my Cricut and embellished w/a little bling. The off-white square in the middle is matted in the burgundy and then the corners are cut with the ticket corner punch (I love that punch). The heart is metal with black brads. And the ribbon is a bow tied and then pierced with a pin. I added beads to the pin to dress it up.

So there you are.
Thanks for coming by and looking.
I'll be back soon.
e

1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful...I love your scrappy, vintage style!!! Tha alcohol inked background looks awesome and what a pretty bow with the stick pin!!! IKWYM about capturing the true color of your cards...it's a struggle with me, too!!! If you find out the secret, let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.