Monday, April 12, 2010

 Hi Everybody...

It's Monday morning, the sun is shining and the sky is blue. It feels so GOOD to feel that spring air here in Michigan...winters always seem so long here and you can really tell...people just can't wait to get into their sandals. YES!!!

I bought a couple of packs of Crafty Secrets Vintage Post Card kits. I fell in love with the images of old fashioned girls, baskets, birds and flowers. Just couldn't wait to get some here so I could play. I didn't actually make post cards to send, but mounted the images on the chipboard that comes in the kit and adhered it to my cards. Then I embellished to my heart's content...it was so FUN!!! I really love these. If you like vintage cards, take a look at these on the Crafty Secrets site.

I also saw a video tutorial on Paper Wishes and they used the images for cards and layouts. Great webisodes on the Paper Wishes site. Check them out if you haven't already.

The butterfly on this card is the Martha Stewart punch...I always layer two cuts...somehow they look better.  I rubbed some Distress Stickles on the top one to give it some glitz...that great little bird is a Stampin' Up punch...so cute. I saw where Tim Holtz teamed up with Sizzix and has a bird too. They are such a cute addition to these kind of cards.

I'll have another vintage card for you mid-week.
Until then....ttfn
e

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.