Monday, April 26, 2010

Howdy everyone,
It is such a beautiful day today here in Michigan. Our windows are open so that we can enjoy the fresh air and the warm breeze. This is, by far, my favorite time of the year. God knew how to revive us after a long winter....

Today's card is one of those "accidental favorites" that happen once in a while. I had a background paper that I downloaded from a Heidi Swapp freebie. I LOVE the paper but wasn't quite sure what to do with it. It's off white with swipes of pink/reddish color and then silver swirls. I wanted the paper to be visible and that's quite hard with a card, because most of it gets covered up.I thought about the Dazzles that I like very much and decided to be quite simple. I stacked the Dazzles on a pinkish red vellum and then stamped my quote. Added three tiny hearts that come in the Dazzles package and they fit in really well with the silver flourishes. Then to give the card a little interest, I crimped a stamped and embossed shiny dark blue cardstock and put buttons and hearts where the two papers meet.

I really like the result. Simple, but it looks good and is pretty flat for mailing (sometimes mailing makes a huge impact on what kind of a card can be made).

I think that will be it for today.
Enjoy your week...hope the weather is beautiful wherever you are.

ttfn
e

1 comment:

  1. This is sooo pretty...love the silver heart and all the buttons...beautiful background and verse, too!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.