Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Making your own flowers

Hi all you peeps in cyber space.
Another lovely day in Michigan...cool though. I like it warmer, but the sun is shining and that makes it all good!
Here is a card that is a lot prettier in real life than the picture. The angle on this card is just not right and I didn't see it until now. And, of course, the card is already given away. Soooo, sorry about the pic.

I have been working on making my own flowers. They are very expensive to buy and I love to be able to make my own embellishments. It's just fun. My "thing" I guess....Anyway, I am finding quite a few tutorials by some of my favorite crafters and I have tried them all. Much variety. I love it!!! And am thankful that people share what they have learned and the cycle continues. What a wonderful community of people, sharing their love of art with whoever is interested enough to look. If you would like details on how to make this flower, please comment on this post and leave me your email address. I'll be glad to share.

So, here's the details on this card: light colors on the card with a deep burgundy flower.The colors really worked together. The flowers in the background picture are a cut out from a sheet of Anna Griffin vellum pack. The leaves are cut by my Cricut Storybook cartridge. I like to spritz my leaves with a little gold spray that I make from Pearl-Ex or Perfect Pearls. It makes them look dusty and not so "green". There's a few burgundy flourishes cut with the Cuttlebug and a ribbon that I colored to match my pink color scheme. I want to tell you about that heart embellishment. I love it, it's from Paper Wishes. They have good stuff and I love their Webisodes.

Hope you enjoy this week.
I've got a busy weekend coming up...and that's good. I hate being bored!!!
Blessings,
e

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.