Thursday, July 22, 2010

A couple of vintage cards

I have a couple of cards for you. I have been madly dashing around trying to get caught up with Birthday cards and other obligations that I almost missed during the time my family was visiting.  It is sooooo much fun playing with grandkids and taking time out from the usual stuff....but then you  have to race like crazy getting back on track....I'm not complaining....just saying :o)

Here's my first one. I love the image cut from Graphics 45 paper. There are several different images on each 12x12 paper and can be cut up and used in many different ways.  Great bargain!
The background paper is a vellum print by Anna Griffin.
To embellish, I used lace and a deep burgundy ribbon.  The lace flower is leftover lace I have had since my daughter's wedding, 18 years ago. The flourishes are Tim Holtz grungeboard.

Ok, here's the second one. The image of the girl on the clock is another Graphics 45 paper. These are all the same image on the page, except for being different sizes. I chose the largest one for this card. In going through my stash of papers I found this map paper and KNEW that the orange flowers would be perfect....that background just fit together so well....I LOVED the color combination. This year my favorite seems to be ORANGE!!!! I wouldn't paint my rooms orange but patches of orange for effect just constantly catch my eye.
Next, finding this strip of chipboard stamps that had been in my stash for ages was the perfect touch for this traveling theme.
The flourishes are Quik-Kutz embossed first with clear and then with Kaleidescope embossing powders. I love this technique because it gives great depth to the embellishment AND the kaleidescope leaves a multi colored glittery top that changes colors and shimmers as the card is moved.
The flower is made from coffee filters. If you would like directions, please email me and I'll be glad to write you back.

Soooo, thanks for visiting.
Hope you enjoy,
ttfn
e

2 comments:

  1. Love this card, but then you know that! Will have to do one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, but then you know that! Will have to make one like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.