Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Simon says: Not a card!!!

Hello peeps!!!
I am showing a picture that I just finished so that I can enter it into the challenge at Simon Says Stamp...
I love their challenges and this one fits my pic...you must show "anything but a card..."
This is using the Tim Holtz stamp of a bird. You see it everywhere but I had to wait quite a while before I could order it. So now I have it and I like it so much I could use it everywhere!


I love this!!! Tim Holtz is the best!!!

Anyway, I antiqued my paper  by using different shades of tan, gold and brown. I also stamped a background stamp of old french writing in a medium tan color.
I also used Tim Holtz' elegant weeds stamp in shades of rose, brown and sage green, to add interest to the background. I use that weed stamp (looks like St. Anne's lace) on a lot of backgrounds because it gives a very interesting, airy look without calling attention to itself.

Then I stamped the bird in very dark brown and I spritzed on some gold and some pearl spray. I also sprayed it the whole pic with a sealant. 
The flourish is the Tim Holtz flourishes I cut with my Cuttlebug. I embossed it several times. The leaves were cut with my Cricut. Then I made the flowers using the coffee filter technique. I applied all of these on top of the frame for that 3dimensional look.

http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/

Thank you for your visit.
Blessings,
e

1 comment:

  1. wow !! this is just fantastic !! I love the images you used and the flowers and design of this are all beautiful :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.