Monday, October 11, 2010

Fun with Inchies

Hello everybody out there in blogland....I wish I could meet you all and talk a minute. WOW!!! All the stories we could share...all the hugs...all the inspiration....
but for now, this is how we get to touch each other's lives and I, for one, am happy that we have this.
I like looking at all your sites and reading the short snippets of life as you see it.  It makes me feel blessed. AND I'd be lost without the inspiration to take me on to the next card...the next LO and the next level.

Thank you from me to YOU!!!
BE BLESSED today, this week, and on.

Now, on to my next four cards.
I used inchies this time because I saw a card that I absolutely loved and I knew that inchies are very easy to work with. I also learned something I needed to know. I can't do four cards at a time!!!
Isn't that crazy?  I decided on three card layouts just fine and then I got totally stuck on the fourth one! It's like I just couldn't get anywhere!!! My ideas were good but I just couldn't finish it up...It took forever to get past it. I FELT OVERWHELMED!!!  My whole reason for doing this was to get cards stashed away so that I would have a card when I needed it....simple right?
I guess it will have to be by a little slower process.

On to the first two cards:
Very simple...I know. But fitting for sympathy or other solemn occasions. I cut the inchies from a card my hubby gave me for my Birthday several years ago. I love saving cards and other odds and ends that are beautiful. Cut them up into inchies and they get a whole new life.

On this card, the front is cut shorter and the inside tag cut shows just a little bit.
The tag is a Cricut cut from the Storybook cartridge. I love that cartridge, I use it more than any other.
First I cut a white one in Shadow and then a navy frame. And this is big enough to write a greeting in.

The inchies are rounded on two corners and look really different, don't they? Gives it a totally different look. Again, they are cut from a piece of cardstock that I had played around with several months ago.  Couldn't seem to find any use for the colored cardstock but I loved the colors and it was perfect for this card.

So that's two...
I am entering them into these challenges:
http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/
http://ebtkschallenge.blogspot.com/
http://charismacardz.blogspot.com/2010/10/challenge-40-autumn-colours.html

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Thanks so much for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your cards have so much detail! I love that inside portion of the second card--beautiful:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful and colourful design. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  4. what lovely creations Elena. Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.