Monday, January 27, 2014

Participating in the STENCILED class...


Hi there everybody,
I have been so blessed the last few days by participating in the online class: STENCILED. It is so good. Great teachers and such fun new ways to use stencils. I love stencils...but I have not used them nearly as much as I want to.

I tend to start my projects with a beautiful paper and I just didn't know how to incorporate stencils into my design. I see the addition of stencils on designer paper on other blogs that I read, but I was very unsure how to do it. Also, I would love to make some paper backgrounds, just to have some variety in my work.
I also had bought some Dreamweaver's stencil paste a couple of years ago and really wanted to start using it.

Well, this was the right class for me. Every project was done beautifully and opened up my mind to all kinds of possibilities. I AM SO EXCITED!!!! There are times in our journey when it's good to take a class just to get fresh ideas and wipe the dust off our thinking. I have a wall hanging that I made a while ago and it says:
                              ART wipes the dust
                               off everyday life

And I believe that wholeheartedly!!! We all need places in our journey where we
feel the glow of creativity that God has gifted us with. Our God is a creator and we are made in His image...we all need to create...in our own way, using our very own gifts.

So, here's a few of my creations that I am sharing in the class. This heart card has a stenciled heart behind the cut out hearts:

These next images are some of the tags I have been working on for my  Bible Study Group. I am very pleased with how they are turning out and I am finally using some of my Dreamweaver's paste on some of them.


First try ever for this technique!!! ...I used pearl paste on the stencil. Let it dry and then colored over with alcohol markers. Turned out very pearl shimmery. I love it! (This one is on my blog already)



I really like this one too!!! This is a stencil I bought years ago...and NEVER USED IT!!! and now I love it so much!!! Anyway, I colored in the stencil with my alcohol markers and then applied Glossy Accents over the top. What a great look...

I have much more work to do...I want to be sure to try out every one of their lessons to get the full impact of every technique. Stencils...YES I LOVE THEM!!!

Thanks for coming by,
Hugs,
Elena



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pieces! I especially love the second one where you colored over the pearl paste, very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.