Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This is a quick post....

Hello crafting peeps....
It's been a long day and I am pretty tired.
I want to get this post up so that I can enter it into the StampTV Friday challenge.
The requirements were for a sympathy card and I really enjoyed making this one.
Somehow, it just felt right and flowed smoothly....ahhh what joy when it all comes together.

I have really been struggling lately.
It seemed like I had great ideas but NOTHING came out right.
It was one of those times (I'm sure you've experienced it too) when things just WOULD NOT
come out looking like I had imagined. And the more I tried and worked at it, the worse it got.

So, I did what I always do at times like that...I went to sit on my "Father's lap". My real father has died, but my heavenly Father is always there to answer my heart's cry and bring peace into my muddled thoughts.

So, with His help, I put everything aside, and just start a simple card.
I tried not to think about all the ideas I had, the embellishments I wanted to do, everything.
I went through my stash, picked out some white embellished paper, and then found this beautiful
square of flowers that I had cut out from a card I received a long time ago, and started to build from
there. It seemed to be so freeing...I found such JOY in just simply putting things I loved together.
I can't tell you how wonderful that felt.

I didn't feel overwhelmed or that I HAD to make it look like something that would win prizes and accolades. I was just doing something that I liked, enjoyed and felt good about.

I don't know how we get into these places where we feel "NOT GOOD ENOUGH" but the world seems to push us to bigger, better, faster, prettier...trying so hard to be the best at everything!!! But God tells us we don't have to do that....we just have to allow ourselves to ENJOY the gifts God gave us and use those gifts to bless others.

So here's my simple card.....

 
Have to show you this little bird at the bottom. He wasn't too visible and I like him so much. I made him a while ago. A friend of mine and I did an afternoon of making fun embellishments that we cut out of Tim Holtz' grungeboard and then colored with different paints, Perfect Pearls, and embossing powder. On this one I heat embossed and then set a small flourish stamp on it while it was hot so that the stamp image would imbed itself into the embossing. Came out nice, didn't it?

The rest of the card was made with a white background paper that was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The flower square is a cut out from a card I received.
I wrapped that with white satin ribbon, cut an oval and stamped the text in navy blue.
The butterfly was cut with Martha Stewart punches. There are two pieces...they fit perfectly together. They are both cut from the cover of a music CD jacket. I love those, they have such beautiful covers on them. I have used quite a few that way.
The little rhinestones on the right side are blue teardrops.

I am entering this card into Stamp TV Friday challenge
and

Thank you friends for visiting,
Please leave me a comment....they're a great lifter-upper.




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card - what a beautiful colour x Thanks for joining the stampman challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.