Saturday, August 6, 2011

A wonderful summer....

Hello my crafty friends,
It's August aaaagggghhhh... where does the time go??? especially on these beautiful summer days. It seems we wait for summer for so long and then when it comes, everything we love about summer has to be crammed into these few golden weeks. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining... I LOVE summer, just wish it would last longer... for 10 months maybe???? Those of you who live in places like that, you lucky ducky... but those of us who wait and wait... summer is always too short.

With that being said, I always tell myself I will blog more often, and then I get busy and don't do it. It's a matter of priority and mind set. Something I have to get into the habit of doing. I don't know if any of you struggle with that... or maybe did at one time... leave me a note and let me know. I intend to work at it until I conquer.

So, even though I haven't put up much on my blog, I have been making art for my walls and working on three albums. I still have Luke's (he's the graduate) to finish... then I have my little great grand-baby, who is three... and last but not least, I have been slowly re-doing my wedding album.

My latest project is a tag I made for a friend's Birthday. I thought she would enjoy it because she can use it as a bookmark. I made it flat so that it won't be too bulky. That's kind of hard for me because I love to use flowers, etc. but I really tried and I think it's pretty good. I love the colors too, and after I thought about it, I think I have used these colors a lot the last few months. Guess I need to pay attention and get out of the box a bit. I have already decided that my next project is going to be PINK!!!

With that said, here's my tag:
I used a DCWV paper on the background and swiped white Versamagic color on it to mute it down. I really like the look it gave.

Then I used Tim Holtz' Stampers Anonymous stamp in Versamark and embossed in white.

The green on the edges is a Tim Holtz stamp also. They don't say what it's called but it's like tiny dots that fill in places and leave color and texture. I used green paint so that it would leave actual bumps. I smudged the right side a little bit (I wish I hadn't) because I couldn't get it off and it wasn't as "dotty". The left side turned out beautiful but got covered up so it isn't as visible. If you don't already have this stamp, check it out. He talks about it on his site.  He uses it all the time and it makes great snow for winter cards.

The flourishes and little leaves were cut with my Cricut. I could not work without that machine.

And the bird is a SU! punch. I love that bird. I punch it out twice so that I have a solid backing to give it dimension.

Here's the challenges I am entering:
http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/
http://fashionablestampingchallenges.cottagecrafts.ie/

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,
e

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag/bookmark! That birdie is too cute! Great design and technique! She'll love it! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this tag and the treatment of the little bird :) the background is just lovely
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty tag. Love the background and the pearls on the birds wings. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the work which has gone into making this oh so gorgeous tag.

    The beads around the bird is such a novel idea and the colours are all brill.

    Thank you for sharing such a beautiful creation with us at our very first Fashionable Stamping Challenge.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty tag! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really gorgeous Elena. Such fabulous colours and an amazing background.
    Thanks for joining in with the first Fashionable Stamping challenge and hope to see you again.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.