Monday, May 23, 2011

Very early Sunday morning....

Hello again,
I wish you could actually be here with me...
I am awake at 5:00 a.m. and cannot sleep. My head is pre-occupied with ideas for cards and album pages. That's a GOOD thing...but 5:00 in the morning....NOT SO MUCH!!!

So, it's a good time to talk on my blog and see what all of you are doing, and I found just the thing!
I was searching through the challenges to see what was out there that I had a project I could use for and VOILA!!! TRY IT ON TUESDAY challenge was to do something, anything with a 70s theme.
Well guess what???? I have just finished a wall hanging for my living room that has a pin on it that was hand made in the late 70s. I wore that pin for a long, long time. I just love it!!! A friend of mine made it for me and I still absolutely love it. You just don't see these any more but they were a craze way back when.  I wanted to be sure to have a place to showcase that pin and I made this hanging that fits in beautifully.
http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.com/



I used a frame I had bought . I love those large frames with just a small opening for the picture. The size of the opening is 5x7. I used a piece of cardstock that was actually out of a Christmas pack but it was an off-white with white glitter embossing. I used different shades of Distress Inks (including blue and pink) to add dimension to the background and to make the white embossing stand out.

I adhered the pin to the background and attached a lot of beads (black and white) and two metal hearts
to finish the look. I needed more of the ocean blue for the colors in the room so I added that blue flourish from Ziva.

I like the way it turned out, but most importantly, I get a smile on my face every time I see that pin. It has such great memories and has a look that I love.

Thank you so much for stopping by.
Please leave me a note and let me know what you think

e

2 comments:

  1. This is STUNING, the pin is just stands out, thanks playing along with TioT
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Elena! Your background is beautiful. Such elegance!
    http://www.lavenderandrosecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.