Monday, February 7, 2011

Painted, repainted and stickled grungeboard

It is an unbelievably COLD but beautifully snowy day here in Michigan. We have white-out snow that makes you want to stay inside AND CREATE!!! Unfortunately, we had made plans with friends and have to go out...lol...being with friends is good too!!

It was my sister's Birthday a few days ago and I wanted to make a very special card. I saw this card on somebody's blog some time ago and had wanted to try it ever since. The one I saw looked more wintry, but apparently I didn't have the right stuff for the outlining around all the mats.
I used Liquid Pearls white opal and it came out kind of silvery. There must be a liquid pearls white/white to have that snowy look.
The lace is from my stash of long ago.
The flower is made from coffee filters (I love that technique because the flowers always come out so pretty and after they dry, they're kind of stiff and keep their look real well).
I used Rock Candy Stickles around the edges of the flower.
The background is stamped with a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp.

Now here's my new (to me) technique:
That's a grungeboard flourish. I wanted it to look thick and crusty.
I used white acrylic paint, mixed with acrylic pearl for paints.
I dabbed the paint on several times, mostly with my fingers, to give the flourish a very uneven thick surface. Then I went over it with Rock Candy and Stickles clear glitter. Again, very uneven and thick in spots.

I really like the look of it. It added a lot of interest and made the card look kind of vintage.

I have entered this card into these challenges:
http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I hope your sister loved her card, there is so much detail involved and lovely textures! I think it's great that you are trying new techniques! I have never heard of coffee filter flowers, but I love this one! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.