Monday, February 21, 2011

Couldn't resist one more entry!!!

Hi once again, I don't usually get time to make this many projects in one weekend...but we had a HUGE snow/ice storm here in Michigan and my hubby and I stayed pretty much at home and he read, I scrapped!!!
Lots of fun!!!

I tried a tag this time around...I don't know if I have ever done one before or not. I have made bookmarks, but they were much narrower with a totally different look. Simon Says Show & Tell wanted a tag so I went ahead and worked on one. Thought it would be fun....and it was!!! However, their challenge had to be in on Sunday and I did not get it finished. Sooooo, I was thinking about it this morning while scanning my email updates from scrapping sites and realized that the Play Date Cafe and Case Study have combined and the colors they wanted was exactly what I had used!!!!  YAY!!! and the shape was right too.

Sooooooo, here we are, I finished the tag, took a picture and am entering it in their double challenge.
I love Play Date Cafe but had not done a Case Study very much... fun to have something to put on there.

So here's my tag:
The tag is from Crafty Secrets but the paper is from that DCWV pack I did the last card with. Its a small cream and green design and I sponged some Distress Ink around the edges.
Again, the heart is another embhellishment I made following the tutorial on Simon Says Stamp.
The butterfly is cut from the same stack of paper and the flowers are ghost flowers by Heidi Swapp.
I colored some of the flowers in with Prisma pencils and added buttons to some of the centers.
The ribbon is a very unusual ribbon from Hot Off the Press.

The challenge:
http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/
http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com/

I am also going to enter this into this challenge (my first time ever) they want hearts
http://thestampmanchallenges.blogspot.com/

Oh, btw, my new technique is making the tag... I don't know if I liked it or not. And then the heart I used was from that last tutorial to make embellies. Can't forget to always try something new (smile).
So, that's it for this weekend. I am off to work tomorrow and probably won't get much done until next weekend.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,
e

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Elana! This is a stunning tag! Such beautiful elements! And you're right, it's perfect for the combined challenge. I love the funky ribbon and those cute square buttons! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular tag! So many details and lovely layers-its gorgeous! Glad you joined the fun at The Play Date Cafe's Combined Grind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty little details on this! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena this is beautiful - I'm so glad you found time to fit this tag creation in! I love all the different elements and the way you've combined them :) thank you for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena your tag is absolutely gorgeous, so very pretty, I love the textures and colours you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our "make your own embellies" challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this tag, fantastic job! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elena I have already left you a comment, but my internet has been playing up this week, so I apologise if you receive two messages from me. But I didn't want you to miss my comment that I really loved your tag - love the colours, love the texture - it's beautiful :) Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my gracious! This is beautiful! So many fabulous details! I cannot possibly pic a fave! Way to pile on the fun for our Combined Grind Challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so funky...I love it! We're so glad you came to play at the Cafe during Combined Grind week, and hope to see you again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWOWOW! I love this tag--I love all the embellishments and layers! You rocked this challenge combo! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty!! Wow! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMAZING work of art!! I adore this tag, it's so good I'd frame it! :) Thank you so much for joining us at CASE Study for a "combined grind" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness!!!! STUNNING! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.