Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A new Challenge site

Hello again, It is April already... where does the time go??? We all ask that don't we? .. Time just seems to fly by and many plans are just lost in the thick of every day life. That's just how it is!

 I am just loving the beautiful weather here in San Antonio. Having the sun shining almost every day is such a beautiful thing! Everything is better when the sunshine warms your face and lights up the world. If you've been to San Antonio, you know that it is built on a mountain of rock! Not great if you're trying to plant something, but beautiful to look at. So I am just so excited to have two TINY rose bushes that we planted just last February and they are BLOOMING!!! Roses must REALLY LIKE THE SAN ANTONIO WEATHER!!!

 On to my paper crafts: I follow a lot of designers through email, that's how I get a lot of inspiration and news on what's going on. I have favorites, of course and Loll Thompson http://www.stampingwithloll.com/ is one of them. Loll and a friend of hers started up a new challenge site last month, so this is their 2nd challenge. I didn't get a chance to join them the first time but I made a card right away for this one. If I wait, the time will be gone again. I made this card using a stencil and coloring the background with chalks! I had not used my chalks for a long time. I LOVED how it came out. The three colors I used blended together beautifully. I had forgotten how nice chalk can look! I then stamped the daisy (LaBlanche stamps) with Versamark and embossed in white. I colored the image with my Tombow Twin Markers. As far as I'm concerned, no card is finished without a little glitz and glimmer (sequins).


I do hope this is not too busy for a CAS challenge. 
http://casmixup.blogspot.ca/ Stamping: Daisy by LaBlanche stamps
stenciling was done with chalk.
I also white embossed the flower before coloring with my Tombow markers.

http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com/ This challenge says "One for the Girls"
I think this card fits that description. Flowers, especially daisies, are always a girly thing!

http://pinterestinspiredchallenge.blogspot.com/ This challenge is for pink and aqua blue...just like what I used. I love that color combination. Awesome!

Okay, so that will do it for me today! 
Have to get these entered so I can get done on the card I owe to my friend. We challenge each other 2x per month and this time it is to use an inchie. I've already got it in my head and can't wait to get on to doing it. I have to mail it out by the 15th!!!

Hugs to all,

Elena

5 comments:

  1. I love this soft stenciled background, Elena! I haven't used chalk in a long time either. This is a good reminder to get it out! Love the beautiful flower too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elena. So glad you joined us this month! Those chalks do make a soft and subtle design. I had never thought of using chalks with stencils, so thank you for that. I will have to give it a try. :) Your flower is so pretty ... looks awesome on the blue card base. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful floral creation and super background inking as well Elena, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, love your chalked stencil background and the lovely flowe
    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.