Wednesday, October 29, 2014

For the love of a new stamp....

Hello there,
Welcome to my blog...I am so excited today!!! 
I went to a stamping party a couple of weeks ago and ended up buying a stamp that I "kind of" liked but wasn't sure about. I had not picked out anything I wanted to buy ahead of time and making a decision on the spur of the moment was difficult. The stamp was delivered a couple of days ago and the moment I saw it "for real" I couldn't wait to use it!!!

It was exactly what I had been seeing on other designers' blogs but didn't have anything like it for myself. The stamp is called "White Christmas" by SU! and it has all these little images of bare winter trees, a car, a polar bear, a deer, snowman, birds, etc. I think I'll have lots of fun with this one.

So this is my first card with this stamp. I envisioned this card from one I saw by Birgit on Penny Black's blog ...Birgit's cards are absolutely my favorites right now...I love everything about them. She is an awesome designer.





I cut the card base from Neenah White Solar cardstock long way to open at the bottom
        4 1/4" across and 5 1/2" down.
I cut a curvy line in the middle of a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" of a separate piece of  Neenah                       cardstock using a guideline I had from a long time ago.
Then I used a watercolor paper 4 1/4" across and 4" down to make my "window" scene.
I painted the sky with my "Peerless" watercolors. The colors worked together just                        beautifully.
I added white dots of "snow" with a white pen.
Stamped the trees and used clear and silver "Wink of Stella" pens to add a little glitter.
          I CANNOT make a card without glitter!!!!
I stamped the bear, snowman and cardinal on separate glitter cardstock (you can't see the             beautiful cardstock, the images are just too small, but I know it's there!)

So there you have it...
THANKS FOR SHARING IN MY FUN!!!
Making ART is such a fun addiction!!!

I am entering these challenges:
http://www.fashionablestampingchallenges.com/ weather forecast
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.ca/ anything goes CAS
http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ sparkle and shine

Be back soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this stamp set, too and the card you've made is just so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so sweet, Elena! Lovely snowy scene you've created! So happy you could join us at ATS&M!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts.